Re: Regression: Playing QT files from mplayer stopped working in 5.1

From: Jeremy Messenger <mezz7_at_cox.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 15:23:01 -0500
On Sat, 7 Jun 2003 22:28:29 +0200, Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen_at_piwebs.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Since a short time (don't know exactly when it happened) it's not
> possible anymore to play Quicktime files (.mov) with mplayer on 5.1-
> CURRENT. It has to be a change in -CURRENT, I haven't updated mplayer.
> When trying to play a QT file, mplayer outputs:

It happened on me too, so to other users over at bsdforums.org.. I don't
have the problem with 5.0-CURRENT, until I upgraded to 5.1-CURRENT and now
xine and mplayer will not work with the quicktime anymore. They both will
crash with the dump core. I will have to turn on the debug and post the
info of run them under gdb to see if it will help. I am cc'ing to the
maintainer of xine and mplayer here, btw..

Cheers,
Mezz

--
bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.