cvs commit: src/sys/dev/pci pci.c (fwd)

From: Doug Barton <DougB_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 23:53:39 -0700 (PDT)
This set of commits seems to have fixed a perennial problem I've had with
my laptop and acpi. Previously, about every 3rd or 4th reboot the pci bus
would fail to initialize, the major symptom of which was that the xl card
wouldn't set up, and I'd have to reboot again. Disabling acpi eliminated
the problem (or the symptom, depending on how you look at it).

With a kernel built from the latest sources, the pci bus and xl are happy,
but I'm getting flooded with the following:

ACPI-0340: *** Error: Could not release ACPI Global Lock, AE_BAD_PARAMETER

This is on an older thinkpad A21e. It has run -current fine for over a
year, modulo this pci problem, and general thinkpad <> acpi unhappiness.
Any other details needed, just ask.

Doug