Re: USB umass BBB mass storage support

From: Richard Arends <richard_at_unixguru.nl>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 11:58:16 +0200 (CEST)
On Sun, 8 Jun 2003, Vincent wrote:

Vincent,

> My PhotoClip DM2132 camera which works under Linux, produces the
> following messages in the system log but produces and IO error when I
> try to mount it.

I'm also working on a USB device (PQI 128 MB Flash Drive) that's not
working (yet).

Can you put the following in your kernel config:

options         USB_DEBUG
options         CAMDEBUG
options         CAM_DEBUG_BUS=-1
options         CAM_DEBUG_TARGET=-1
options         CAM_DEBUG_LUN=-1
options         CAM_DEBUG_FLAGS=(CAM_DEBUG_INFO|CAM_DEBUG_TRACE|CAM_DEBUG_CDB)

Rebuild the kernel and after reboot attach the device again. You should
see a lot of debug in /var/log/messages. Maybe this can help you to see
where it goes wrong.

Also take a look at this page:
http://www.root.org/~nate/freebsd/quirks.html

If this does not help you, please send the debug output as well as the
output from 'usbdevs -v' and 'camcontrol devlist'.

Regards,

Richard.

----
Paul Vixie in an interview with Sendmail.net:

Now that the Internet has the full spectrum of humanity as users,
the technology is showing its weakness: it was designed to be
used by friendly, smart people. Spammers, as an example of a class,
are neither friendly nor smart.