Re: USB umass BBB mass storage support

From: Richard Nyberg <rnyberg_at_it.su.se>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2003 17:38:18 +0200
At Sun, 8 Jun 2003 11:58:16 +0200 (CEST),
Richard Arends wrote:
> Can you put the following in your kernel config:
>
> options         USB_DEBUG
> options         CAMDEBUG
> options         CAM_DEBUG_BUS=-1
> options         CAM_DEBUG_TARGET=-1
> options         CAM_DEBUG_LUN=-1
> options         CAM_DEBUG_FLAGS=(CAM_DEBUG_INFO|CAM_DEBUG_TRACE|CAM_DEBUG_CDB)
>
> Rebuild the kernel and after reboot attach the device again. You should
> see a lot of debug in /var/log/messages. Maybe this can help you to see
> where it goes wrong.
>
> Also take a look at this page:
> http://www.root.org/~nate/freebsd/quirks.html
>
> If this does not help you, please send the debug output as well as the
> output from 'usbdevs -v' and 'camcontrol devlist'.

Excellent advice Richard. This enabled me to fix support for Creative
Nomad Muvo mp3 player which also is an umass BBB device.

The main problem with it was that it didn't like the PREVENT ALLOW command,
which isn't covered by any quirk.

A patch for this device is now available at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern/53094.

Thanks!
        -Richard