Re: redirect unauthorized users to a login page (natd as atransparent proxy)

From: Vaclav Petricek <petricek_at_sec.ms.mff.cuni.cz>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 11:53:48 +0200 (CEST)
> > > I was hoping proxy_only will do the trick but it does not seem to have
> > > any impact and the source address is changed anyway.
> > >
> > > A quick glance at the source did not help much to my understanding of the
> > > proxy_only option.
> > >
> > Confirmed as a bug.  The attached patch worked for me,
> > please test it.  You'll have to recompile and reinstall
> > libalias(3), then recompile and reinstall natd(8) with
> > new library.
> >
> I was too fast.  This patch doesn't work well.  It works
> in a sense that it doesn't modify source IP address of
> the proxied packets, but it doesn't work in a sense that
> reply packets do not undergo de-aliasing.  The attached
> patch is verified to work.  Please test it instead.

The patch works. Thank you very much. I attach my attempt on a patch that
should make it possible to ommit the alias_address and interface options
in case proxy_only is specified. IMHO in that situation these options are
not used and should not be required by natd..

Thank you for any comments on the diff (especially style).

Should I fire a PR?

Best regards,

Vaclav