Re: fxp0: device timeout with 5.1BETA2

From: Markus Wennrich <nick_at_schoko.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 14:08:54 +0200
On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 12:02:20AM +0100, Paul Richards wrote:
> > > I get these as well. Is it on irq9 by any chance, along with acpi0 ?
> >
> > No. It's on irc 11 device 8 (as dmesg states). All irqs in bios are
> > set to 11 (factory default). ACPI is disabled.
>
> Ok, well that's a useful data point (for me anyway) since it means
> there's a problem with fxp losing interrupts that's not related to some
> other ACPI problems I've experienced, suggesting that it's therefore a
> fxp driver problem.

I have the same problem here with a freshly cvsupped 5.1-CURRENT.
The machine has two fxp-NICs and I get device timeouts with both of
them (with acpi enabled or disabled, both the same, no change). See
attached dmesg.

Markus

--
Why are they called buildings, when they're already
finished?  Shouldn't they be called builts?