Re: New Kernel Breaks IPFW

From: Fred Souza <fred_at_storming.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 15:13:34 -0300
> Alas make buildworld fails for the past few days:
> ===> usr.sbin/config
> <snip>

  [snip]

> > Short term, cd /usr/src/sbin/ipfw; make depend && make all install ought
> > to fix it.
>
> I tried that as well, but the new binary also dumps core, but works
> well with previous versions of the firewall.  Even back as far as
> my kernel.working from May 7 2003.

  I have been recompiling kernel/world in a 2-10 days basis for a long
  time, and haven't noticed this kind of error here. I just finished a
  make kernel followed by a make world, actually, and everything
  compiled fine. ipfw works normally, too. I dunno if it's got anything
  to do with your scenario, but are you trying those compiles with a
  clean /usr/obj?

  Fred

--
"A man does not look behind the door unless he has stood there himself."
		-- Du Bois