Re: bluetooth 20030604 and 5.1 release

From: Maksim Yevmenkin <m_evmenkin_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:17:46 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

--- User Toyboy <toyboy_at_toy.homeunix.net> wrote:
> Thanks for that help, it worked, I have one more question, Is it possible to
> share my internet connection on my  FreeBSd box that has bluetooth on it
> with other devices with bluetooth like my laptop?  I looked at
> http://www.oook.cz/bsd/bluetooth.html , but the information there is for how
> to use the internet connection  from your phone to the FreeBSD box, not the
> other way around.  Thanks.

yes, it is possible. FreeBSD box should provide LAN service. you will need
to use ppp(8) + rfcomm_pppd(8) in server mode + SDPD from snapshot's ports/
directory. please check rfcomm_pppd(8) man page for examples.

also future Bluetooth chapter for FreeBSD handbook can be found at

http://www.oook.cz/bsd/handbook/bluetooth.html

thanks,
max