Epson Perfection 1250 Photo USB scanner

From: Martin Dieringer <Martin.Dieringer_at_t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 01:51:12 +0200 (CEST)
Hi,

I just got the Epson 1250 usb scanner working on -current by only
including one line into sys/dev/usb/usbdevs

the line is:
product EPSON 1250              0x010f  Perfection 1250 Photo

and I inserted it just after the "1240".

sane has to be configured for plustek and /dev/uscanner0
and it should be a new version because the scanner could be damaged
otherwise...

So is this a bad hack or could it just be included in the system?
And why does the scanner not work with usbd and an entry in
/etc/usbd.conf (alway attaches ugen0)?

I don't know yet whether it works for the transparency adapter...

martin