ACPI problems on 5.1-RELEASE

From: Jesse D. Guardiani <jesse_at_wingnet.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 10:45:56 -0400
Howdy list,

What info do I need to provide, and who do I need to
send it to, so that I can get ACPI into a usable
state on my IBM A30p thinkpad?

The short description of my acpi problems is that I
can suspend the laptop with 'acpiconf -s 3', but not
with 'acpiconf -s 1', and the laptop never comes back
from suspend properly. I have to power down the machine.

When I first installed FreeBSD 5.1-Release on this
laptop, I could get battery status info out of the
'apm' command, but now it isn't working for some
reason.

The following are true if the laptop is on battery
or mains:

apm -l = -1
apm -t = -1
apm -b = 3
apm -a = 1

'apm -b' yields '3', so I assume 'apm' thinks
the battery is always charging...

My gzipped dmesg.boot is attached.

--
Jesse Guardiani, Systems Administrator