Re: LG 5350 cell phone

From: Sean Welch <welchsm_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 13:05:00 -0500 (GMT)
I have this phone myself.  I have two adapters for it -- one is
a serial cable the other a "true" (as in no serial to usb
conversion box in the middle) usb cable.

The phone works great under FreeBSD on the serial cable (normal
Hayes modem type at commands work fine), but no version of
FreeBSD has worked with the usb cable so far.  I tried 4.8,
5.0-RELEASE, and a few versions of 5.x-CURRENT.  The phone is
quite usable from my iBook so the cable isn't the issue (the
iBook reports it as a Qualcomm -- which is what the sticker
says too).  I see the message you do, but when I try to use
umodem with it the phone continuously "reboots" itself until
detached.

I tried something along the lines of what you did to usbdevs
a while back but didn't get any improvement.

The connection is appreciably faster over the usb port with
the "true" cable when compared to the serial cable; it would
be very nice to use it this way on FreeBSD...

                                                   Sean