Re: ACPI Regression in -CURRENT?

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche_at_math.ntnu.no>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 00:46:32 +0200
+ Stijn Hoop <stijn_at_win.tue.nl>:

| > I tried that on my Inspiron 4150 with 5.1-RELEASE.  The patch failed,
| > but only for trivial reasons like different placment of braces.
|
| Note that you have to patch the output of iasl -d, *NOT* the .asl file
| that acpidump generates. There is a difference although they look alike.

Aha.  But the diff you included clearly indicated it was a patch for
insp4150.asl.  When I told patch to patch insp4150.dsl instead, using
your patch, it applied cleanly, and moreover the fix now works to the
extent that I don't get those error messages anymore.

To be precise, I followed your exact instructions with this
difference:

# patch insp4150.dsl insp4150.patch

| > Actually, acpiconf -s 3 seems to "almost" work: [...]
|
| According to Mark, this actually should work from within X --
| something to do with DPMS.

Still doesn't for me.  Same result.  Maybe I should learn what DPMS
stands for.

- Harald