Re: *IT WORKS* Re: CardBus USB 2.0 Controller (NEC uPD)

From: Craig Boston <craig_at_xfoil.gank.org>
Date: 12 Jun 2003 10:36:57 -0500
On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 08:14, Anthony Naggs wrote:
> Sorry, I don't understand this comment.  All OHCI, UHCI & EHCI USB
> controllers need PCI bus mastering in order to read & update their
> various lists of pending & completed transfers.

That was speculation on my part as to why bus mastering was not being
explicitly activated (i.e. maybe somebody had problems with it).  It may
just be that the BIOS always turns it on for the PCI version so there
was never a need to.

Should we do this on uhci as well?  Does anyone know if a such as thing
as a cardbus uhci controller even exists?

-Craig