Re: *IT WORKS* Re: CardBus USB 2.0 Controller (NEC uPD)

From: Tony Naggs <tony_at_ubik.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 19:17:58 +0000
In message <1055432217.32085.3.camel_at_owen1492.uf.corelab.com>, Craig
Boston <craig_at_xfoil.gank.org> wrote
>On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 08:14, Anthony Naggs wrote:
>> Sorry, I don't understand this comment.  All OHCI, UHCI & EHCI USB
>> controllers need PCI bus mastering in order to read & update their
>> various lists of pending & completed transfers.
>
>That was speculation on my part as to why bus mastering was not being
>explicitly activated (i.e. maybe somebody had problems with it).  It may
>just be that the BIOS always turns it on for the PCI version so there
>was never a need to.

It seems likely it was never needed.

>Should we do this on uhci as well?  Does anyone know if a such as thing
>as a cardbus uhci controller even exists?

Yes, I think you should also do this for Uhci.  There are probably not
many straight Uhci USB 1.1 Cardbus cards, but it is likely some of the
USB 2.0 cards have an UHCI controller rather than OHCI for USB 1.x
support.

Cheers,
Tony