lmc driver in 5.1-release

From: Michael C. Cambria <mcc_at_fid4.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 11:19:14 -0400
Hi,

I noticed that the lmc driver for T1/T3/HSSI/V.35 cards is now in
5.1-Release.

I cvsup'ed from 5.0-Release to 5.1-Release, brought the system up to 5.1
via buildworld/installworld, including the GENERIC kernel.  When I try
to build a modified kernel with "device lmc", the build fails.

The failure is in /usr/src/sys/dev/lmc/if_lmc_fbsd3.c:40:2 "The lmc
device requires the old pci compatibility shims"

The error states that this driver needs "options COMPAT_OLDPCI", but
this doesn't seem to be a valid kernel option in 5.1.

Also, /usr/src/UPDATING leads me to believe that devices needing
COMPAT_OLDPCI wouldn't be included in 5.x in the future.  Yet, this
driver never shipped at all until 5.1.

The man page gives no indication as to what is needed to get support for
this card enabled other than "device lmc".

Does anyone know if this card is really supported?

Thanks,
MikeC