5.1-R: rcNG - 'mountall' missing?

From: Johny Mattsson <lonewolf-freebsd_at_earthmagic.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:16:53 +1000
Hi all,

I just upgraded a couple of my systems to 5.1-REL and have been
exploring the new stuff ever since.
First off, I'd like to extend a big thanks to the rcNG people - well
done, this is so much nicer/better/flexible than the old system! :)

Then on to the question: there appears to be a number of scripts missing
from /etc/rc.d, as is very noticeable when running rcorder(8) on them.
Particularly the 'mountall' script is depended on by a number of other
scripts. I had a quick look at what 'mountall' looks like on a NetBSD
box I have access to, and it basically just issues a (u)mount -a.

Is there a good reason why we don't have mountall? Are all avenues
really covered by the mountcrit scripts?

There is of course a specific reason why I'm interested in mountall, but
more about that later...

Cheers,
/Johny