Re: 5.1-R: rcNG - 'mountall' missing?

From: Mike Makonnen <mtm_at_identd.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 22:28:41 -0400
On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:16:53 +1000
Johny Mattsson <lonewolf-freebsd_at_earthmagic.org> wrote:

> Is there a good reason why we don't have mountall? Are all avenues
> really covered by the mountcrit scripts?

This stems from the fact that the way we handle filesystems is different from
the way NetBSD handles it.  For our purposes, we need one pass to mount local
filesystems and a second one to mount remote ones.

IIRC NetBSD requires that users specify their file systems in rc.conf. This
might be useful to have on FreeBSD, as long as it's strictly optional, but I
don't have the time or interest to work on it.

Cheers.
--
Mike Makonnen  | GPG-KEY: http://www.identd.net/~mtm/mtm.asc
mtm_at_identd.net | D228 1A6F C64E 120A A1C9  A3AA DAE1 E2AF DBCC 68B9