[current] Re: ACPI suspending.

From: David Gilbert <dgilbert_at_velocet.ca>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 12:11:52 -0400

Mark> On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 10:57:32PM -0400, David Gilbert wrote:
>> I have a Dell D800 laptop (as I've mentioned a few times here) and
>> I've gone so far as to upgrade the BIOS to A03 and fetch new ACPI
>> DSDT code from the linux site.

Mark> Please compare that one with the one posted on the list. I
Mark> recall that one being pretty bogus. I am not totally sure
Mark> though.

You shouldn't happen to have a reference to the one posted to the
list, would you?  Sometimes the FreeBSD list search facility isn't
that useful.  I'll make an effort to find it.

Is there any effort to centralize our knowledge of DSDT's?

>> What I'd like to know is how much work (and possibly pointers to
>> where I'd look) to fix the S3 level suspension.

Mark> It would be nice if you actually told what is broken before we
Mark> discuss the fix.

It appears to suspend to S3, although not completely and not
everytime.  It appears to try to resume (ie it makes spinning up
noises), but the screen never comes back and things like the pccard
don't wake up.

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Velocet Communications.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dgilbert_at_velocet.net             |  equal if and only if they |
|http://daveg.ca                              |   are precisely opposite.  |