Re: ACPI suspending.

From: Mark Santcroos <marks_at_ripe.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 17:43:50 +0200
On Tue, Jun 17, 2003 at 10:57:32PM -0400, David Gilbert wrote:
> I have a Dell D800 laptop (as I've mentioned a few times here) and
> I've gone so far as to upgrade the BIOS to A03 and fetch new ACPI DSDT
> code from the linux site.

Please compare that one with the one posted on the list. I recall that one
being pretty bogus. I am not totally sure though.

> The 'S1' suspend is where the processor clock is halted.  I assume
> that other things turn off ... but the laptop still generates enough
> heat to need it's fan ... especially if I try to put it in my laptop
> bag.

S1 is indeed not particularly useful.

> What I'd like to know is how much work (and possibly pointers to where
> I'd look) to fix the S3 level suspension.

It would be nice if you actually told what is broken before we discuss
the fix.

Mark

--
Mark Santcroos                    RIPE Network Coordination Centre
http://www.ripe.net/home/mark/    New Projects Group/TTM