Wi driver has WEP issues on both 5.0 and 5.1

From: BSDVault <diesel_at_bsdvault.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 00:32:45 -0400
A head up about the wi driver in FreeBSD 5.0 and 5.1.  I have a netgear
MA-311 card that supports HostAP mode.  The issue is that I get a busy bit
error.  The exact error starts with the following.. THIS ONLY OCCURS WHEN
WEP IS ENABLED:

wi0: timeout in wi_seek to fc00/0; last status 800b

We then move on to :

wi0: wi_cmd: busy bit won't clear.

This seems to cycle until the next error:

wi0: failed to allocate 1594 bytes on NIC
wi0: tx buffer allocation failed
wi0: mgmt. Buffer allocation failed

Then back through the entire error sequence again.  Eventually the box will
freeze as these errors cycle and then free up again when it starts back at
the timeout error.  I was hopeful that the new wi driver in 5.1 would
address this problem as I know several persons with Prism chipsets that have
this very same issue on 5.0 and 5.1.

Please respond directly as I am not on -current mailing list.

Thanks

Ray