Re: cardbus and xircom ethernet problem

From: Matt <matt_at_xtaz.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 13:39:05 +0100 (BST)
Scott Mitchell said:

> Can you try another card in this machine?  It will probably throw up the
> same error, but it's worth trying if you can.

Unfortunatly this is the only card I have.

> You could also try adding the following lines to /boot/loader.conf to get
> some extra debug output:
>
> hw.cbb.debug=1
> hw.cardbus.debug=1
> hw.cardbus.cis_debug=1
> hw.pccard.debug=1
> hw.pccard.cis_debug=1

I have just tried this and this puts the machine in a hard lock with
CISTPL_NONE 00 scrolling up the screen constantly until after 30 seconds
or so it panics with page fault 12 in cbb0.

I then tried booting the machine with the card out and then inserting it
afterwards and the same thing, lots of scrolling of CISTPL_NONE 00 but
this time it did not panic and this came out below:

CISTPL_NONE
00
CISTPL_NONE
00
CISTPL_END
ff

cis mem map cd2b5000
CISTPL_LINKTARGET expected, code ff observed
pccard0: check_cis_quirks
pccard0: Card has no functions!
cbb0: Card card activation failed

Is this going to be a lost cause? :)

Matt.

--
email: matt_at_xtaz.co.uk - web: http://xtaz.co.uk/
Hardware, n.: The parts of a computer system that can be kicked.