Re: world build fails since yesterday

From: Tobias Roth <roth_at_iam.unibe.ch>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:19:42 +0200
Hi

I get the same behaviour on my T30. Although the indications for a
hardware problem are very strong, I am not yet convinced that this
really is one.

My suspicion is that there are problems with current (as well with
5.1 and probably 5.0) with power management that will result in
overheating, which will then look like a hardware problem.

I am currently running continuous buildworlds on stable, and so far
they all succeeded.

This is what is left to do:

run buildworld on current or 5.1 until it fails a couple of times
with the below errors, then reboot to 4.8 and run a few buildworlds.

if they also fail   -> hardware problem very likely
if they do not fail -> run again a few buldworlds on current.
   if these fail again -> software problem very likely

could you please also set up this test scenario and report the
outcome? my results will be available some time tomorrow

thanks, t.