Re: Heads up: checking in change to ata-card.c

From: David Xu <davidxu_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 06:30:17 +0800
I have another problem different with Bill Paul's.
I have a Tyan Tiger 230T dual CPU MB. On second IDE,
there are MITSUBISHI 52X CDROM as master and a SONY
CD-RW CRX140E 8X/4X/32X as slave. FreeBSD never got
them to work, while MS Windows and Linux and NetBSD and
OpenBSD all work well with these devices. FreeBSD always
stuck at "MODE SENSE BIG", this sucks, I must disable
second IDE in BIOS before booting into FreeBSD and
reenable it before booting into another OS. I changed
configuration several times, both DMA and PIO mode don't
work, it works only when CR-RW is pulled.

David Xu