Re: 3D graphic cards

From: Andy Sparrow <spadger_at_best.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 22:46:11 -0700
> I thought most of the GATOS stuff had been merged into 4.3. At least I
> have had no problems with Xv on my Radeon 7000 with XFree86 4.3.0 and
> I seem to recall that support was claimed for all Radeons except,
> perhaps the 9500.

Perhaps for other cards, but there's still no native Xv support for
Mach64-based adaptors (such as the Rage Mobility M1 fitted to many
laptops) in 4.3, you need the GATOS drivers for this.

(The M6 fitted to many slighly later laptops is a completely different
chipset
that uses the Radeon driver, IIRC. Love it when Marketing pull BS like
this)

Cheers,

AS