Disk Geometry Error

From: Systems Engineering <eng_at_donut.ugcs.caltech.edu>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 23:35:11 -0700
I am attempting an installation via the 5.1-R iso.  During the partitioning process, fdisk reports that the detected disk geometry is probably incorrect.  Subsequently, I attempt to specify the geometry reported by bios (CSH:19158,255,16).  This geometry is, however, rejected.  I have tried some variations, including the "sane" proposal that fdisk makes after  it reports that the detected disk geometry is invalid.  fdisk accepts them but this does not produce a bootable system (not surprising).

Any ideas?

Thanks.