Re: rescue/ broke cross compiles

From: Marcel Moolenaar <marcel_at_xcllnt.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 17:35:16 -0700
On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 04:54:02PM -0700, Gordon Tetlow wrote:

> > That's why ru_at_ suggested to add a build-tools target. That way you
> > populate the seperate tree in sync with the phases of a world,
> > thereby avoiding the phase ordering problem.
>
> Is there a way to leverage the existing build-tools so we don't have
> to do extra compiling that isn't necessary?

Build tools are most of the time so small or trivial (gcc is
probably the exception, before that perl probably was) that
building them again is lost in creating the rescue bits itself.
We could possibly copy the object directory of those tools that
have build tools, but if there are paths embedded in generated
scripts, we have to regenerate them anyway.

What about this: rebuild the build tools to get things sorted
out and working and then look if we can optimize?

--
 Marcel Moolenaar	  USPA: A-39004		 marcel_at_xcllnt.net