Re: ACPI and USB

From: User Takawata <takawata_at_axe-inc.co.jp>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 12:35:06 +0900
In message <200303272209.29542.mistry.7_at_osu.edu>, Anish Mistry wrote:
>Hi,
>
>  I finally got -CURRENT to install on my laptop as of 2003-03-25 and have
>been playing around with the acpi code trying to figure it out.  One of the
>main problems is to get my USB bus to wake up after a suspend, currently all
>the USB devices dies when suspended and resumed.
>How can I tell the USB PowerResource to turn on?  I've been able to access
>devices that have a HID and create drivers for those, but I don't know how to
>access resources with only _ADR addresses.
>below:

You may get know PCI bus number where the USB bridge connected to and
use _ADR to pick Device and Function number.

In following structure, The \SB.PCI1.FOO0 device has
Bus no 2, Device No 4 Function number 0.And this is accessible with
pci2:4:0 by pciconf(8).

Device(\_SB){
	Device(PCI0){
	}
	Device(PCI1){
		Name(_ADR, 0);
		Name(_BBN, 2)
		Device(FOO0){
			Name(_ADR, 0x40000)
		}
	}
}

> The USB portion of my acpidump
>
>        Device(USB_) {
>            Name(_ADR, 0x00020000)
>            Name(_PR0, Package(0x1) {
>                USBP,
>            })
>            Name(_PR1, Package(0x1) {
>                USBP,
>            })
>            Name(_PR2, Package(0x1) {
>                USBP,
>            })
>            PowerResource(USBP, 1, 0) {
>                Name(RSTA, 0x1)
>                Method(_STA) {
>                    Return(RSTA)
>                }
>                Method(_ON_) {
>                    Store(One, RSTA)
>                }
>                Method(_OFF) {
>                    Store(Zero, RSTA)
>                }
>            }
>        }

I want to know RSTA imprementation.(Probably, it is defined by
Field Op.) Please show me full dump.
Temporally work around may done by accessing Hardware registers
as same way as accessing RSTA ACPI object.
But we will have to have framework to bind PowerResource
and Device together.