problem updating from 4.7 Stable do 5.0 Current

From: Ventsislav Velkov <veno_at_evrocom.net>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 14:15:21 +0300
Hello all,

I have a problem updating one of our servers from 4.7Stable to 5.0Current.
It is a Compaq Proliant 7000 Server with 4 Xeons _at_500Mhz with 2MB L2 cache each.
I has a 4200 Compaq Smart Raid Controler with attached 3 U1 Storages.
I update the src rebuild the world from updated src to 5.0Current, build a GENERIC kernel and installed it.
But after I boot it brokes up during the booting process with the following error:

//strip

Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode cpuid=0; lapic.id= 01000000
fault virtual address = 0x54
fault code = supervisor read, page not present
process eflags = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL=0
current process = 4(g_down)
kernel: type12trap, code=0
Stopped at ida_construct_qcb+0xe3: movzbl 0x54(%eax),%eax

//strip

It may have some punctual mistakes because it is not a copy/paste.

Will appreciate any advices where could be the problem.

Best regards,

Veno