Re: another one: panic: ffs_blkfree: freeing free block

From: Kent Stewart <kstewart_at_owt.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 23:05:31 -0700
On Thursday 01 May 2003 10:32 pm, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <20030502035426.GA65366_at_athlon.pn.xcllnt.net>
>
>             Marcel Moolenaar <marcel_at_xcllnt.net> writes:
> : login: dev = da0p7, block = 600688, fs = /q
> : panic: ffs_blkfree: freeing free block
>
> I get this all the time on my laptop, and have on and off, for the
> past two weeks.  I posted a traceback, and a me too on a couple of
> other tracebacks that matched mine.  This is the first bug to get me
> really annoyed in quite some time because it is a random killer.

All I have to do is start something like KDE that seems to leave sector
as inactive memory. You can start another process such as update the
locate database. You can watch inactive memory start to be freed up in
top and boom!!. One time, I did 2 locate updates and nothing happened.
So, I did a startx and boom!.

The block is always the same 567360. On my system it is on ad0s3e
(/var). It is random as far as when it happens but you can make it
happen in 3 or 4 minutes.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart