Re: sysinstall fatal error

From: Eric Timme <timothy_at_voidnet.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 14:33:51 -0500
Attempting to install via the latest 5-current (May 1 I think) errors out at
43% for me every time with the same "Fatal Error: Invalid realloc size of
0!".  I spent some time with the mailing list archives and Google, but
although lots of people are having the problem, nobody has said anything
about a solution.  Are there any UFS2 enabled snapshots that have solved
people's problem with this?

Running on an 800mhz Duron on an Abit KT7-A motherboard, 80GB Maxtor HD
plugged into the raid port on the motherboard, if it matters.

-----

I don't know if this is significant, given that the install process halts when
it's barely into it, but when I boot into Windows and hit a partition program
(PM8) it gives me the following two error messages every time:

PM has detected an error 116 on the partition starting at sector 41062140 on
disk 1. The starting LBA value is 41062140 and the CHS value is 16450622. The
LBA and CHS values must be equal.  PM has verified the LBA value is correct
and can fix the CHS value.

PM has detected an error 116 on the partition starting at sector 133098525 on
disk 1. The starting LBA value is 133098525 and the CHS value is 16450622.
The LBA and CHS values must be equal.  PM has verified the LBA value is
correct and can fix the CHS value.

Note, if I delete the FreeBSD partition that was created, fix those problems,
and reboot, the error stays gone, but as soon as I try and install again and
it stops the error is back again =0