CVSROOT missing even after using cvsroot-all

From: Chris Miller <ctodd_at_netgate.net>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 14:51:10 -0700 (PDT)
I'm trying to create a 4.7 release on my system using the tools in
/usr/src/release but make fails with a cvs abort error due to no CVSROOT
directory. I saw the announcement in the archive to add cvsroot-all to the
supfile yet no CVSROOT directory gets created. I must be doing something
simple wrong.

Supfile :

*default host=cvsup9.FreeBSD.org
*default base=/usr/local/etc/cvsup
*default prefix=/usr
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_4_7
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress
src-all
ports-all tag=.
cvsroot-all

build command :

make release CHROOTDIR=/usr/release BUILDNAME=4.7-RELEASE-p10
CVSROOT=/usr/src

Regards,
        Chris