Re: ACPI 0228 import errata

From: Mark Santcroos <marks_at_ripe.net>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 14:50:09 +0200
On Thu, May 01, 2003 at 10:44:39PM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> My batteries are getting bad enough that I really need the
> suspend/resume feature to start working again.

Although I do pity your problems, I welcome your efforts in this area ;-)

So S3 suspend does work for you, but doesn't turn your screen of at
suspend but turns it of at resume?

That sounds a bit like my S1 standby. On the console at standby it leaves
the screen on and when I resume it turns it off. If I do this from X, it
switches to the console and the screen stays on. When I resume it switches
back to X and the screen stays on. So if you would want to have that
working on the console you should do some DPMS stuff in the vga driver.

However, S1 standby is not really a usefull state imho, and I would much
rather get S3 suspend to work.

S3 goes about the same way as S1, with the difference that my laptop only
suspends for a split second and comes back immediately.

Like stated before, I would really love to get this to work as I now
always have to go through a whole shutdown and startup cycle when
travelling.

Mark

--
Mark Santcroos                    RIPE Network Coordination Centre
http://www.ripe.net/home/mark/    New Projects Group/TTM