Re: Cannot mount root ufs:/dev/ar0s1a Error 22 after update

From: Aaron D. Gifford <agifford_at_infowest.com>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 09:40:17 -0600
Martin Blapp <mb_at_imp.ch> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I updated today three boxes from 5.0R to CURRENT,
> and all three boxes, with different disk-layout.
>
> After a reboot, I got on all boxes the same problem:
>
> Cannot mount root ufs:/dev/ar0s1a Error 22 (EINVAL)
>
> or
>
> Cannot mount root ufs:/dev/ad0s1a Error 22 (EINVAL)
>
> I tried to set the root manualy, but no chance.
<<snip>>

After a CVS update late last night (4 May 2003) and rebuild/install of
world, we've got a box that exhibits the exact same problem.  Our box's
layout includes two UFS1 partitions (one is the root), and a Vinum RAID
1 UFS2 parition for /usr.  (The other UFS1 partition is a mirror of the
root partition on another drive.)

Manual attempts to mount root also fail with error 22.

Any ideas what's up?

Wondering,
Aaron out.