bin/51619

From: Kirk McKusick <mckusick_at_beastie.mckusick.com>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 15:29:13 -0700
At one time I had the suggested change that you made in bin/51619
in the FreeBSD-5.0 newfs program. The problem with that change is
that the bootstrap on some architectures now exceeds 8K which means
that instead of zeroing an old superblock you destroy the boot code.
So, I removed the zeroing of the old UFS1 superblock area. A possible
alternative would be to check for a UFS1 magic number at the old
location (and also at the 16K first backup location) and zero out
just those fields if they are found. While it is possible that a
bootstrap might just have that number at that offset, it is highly
unlikely.

	Kirk McKusick