Re: bin/51619

From: Lukas Ertl <l.ertl_at_univie.ac.at>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 09:09:11 +0200 (CEST)
On Wed, 7 May 2003, Doug Barton wrote:

> Thanks for the historical perspective. I am not sure how big of a problem
> my situation is, since it will only apply to people trying to run a
> releng_4 fsck on a ufs2 filesystem under the special circumstances you
> described.

It will also affect people who try to mount a UFS2 filesystem in 4.x, as
is stated in the PR, and probably it will affect every RELENG_4 program
that tries to read a (UFS1) superblock.

> However, if it's something we can prevent with relative ease, I
> think it's worthwhile to do so. No sense loading the foot-shooting gun
> with more bullets than absolutely necessary.

That's true of course. I'm not sure about the necessity of such a fix
either, but OTOH, I would expect newfs to really wipe everything.

regards,
le

--
Lukas Ertl                             eMail: l.ertl_at_univie.ac.at
UNIX-Systemadministrator               Tel.:  (+43 1) 4277-14073