status of devd

From: Bruce Cran <bruce_at_cran.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 23:28:41 +0100
I've been trying to get usb and pcmcia devices working recently, and
rememebered hearing something about a new device manager daemon, devd.
Looking in rc.conf I saw that usbd is still being enabled, and that devd is
not only disabled by default but there's no option in sysinstall to enable
it.   Is devd supposed to replace usbd and pccardd in 5.0, or is it more
of a longer-term development?   After commenting out the logging section
of devd.conf I managed to get it running, and it does seem to be working
properly.

--
Bruce Cran