nss_dns.so.1: missing lib?

From: Fred Souza <fred_at_storming.org>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 20:11:29 -0300
Hello,

  I don't know when this started, I just noticed it two days ago and
  could not get it fixed. I don't know if this is the place to ask about
  it either.

  Things is, running gkrellm (1.2.13_1 from the ports) with
  gkrellweather (0.2.7_1) gives me the following error (inside gkrellm)
  about the plugin:

  /usr/X11R6/libexec/gkrellm/plugins/gkrellweather.so
    Error: Shared object "nss_dns.so.1" not found

  I have another plugin running (reminder), and it works perfectly. I
  tried finding a supposed libnss_dns under /usr/src (sources of 20
  minutes ago) and didn't find it. I did find out that libc/net has some
  sort of compat code for NSS functions, which don't seem to satisfy the
  gkrellweather plugin.

  Also, I find it weird that I can't find anywhere in the plugin's
  sources a mention of that lib and it's not linked to it at compile-time
  (of course, if it was it wouldn't compile). What could it possibly be?

  Thanks,
  Fred

--
"Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one
instruction -- from which, by induction, one can deduce that every program