Re: data corruption with current (maybe sis chipset related?)

From: Don Lewis <truckman_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 00:16:20 -0700 (PDT)
On  9 May, Terry Lambert wrote:
> Don Lewis wrote:
>> >
>> > This thread is all about AMD.
>>
>> This problem afflicts both my PII and Athlon machines.
>
> Thanks for the report on the PII; I suspected it would have
> the same problem, but I had not been able to verify it.

I'm not at all suprised about the similarity.  I still remember the User
Friendly cartoon of the Intel assembly line that showed someone was
painting an extra 'I' on the CPU module.

> At a guess, I will say you have taken all the extraneous
> stuff you could out of your kernel, and are running with 256M+
> of memory.  8-).

Actually the kernel is GENERIC+DDB+USER_LDT.  Yeah, I never saw the
problem until I upgraded from 128 MB to 384 MB of RAM.  But then I also
didn't see it until I tried to build the openoffice port.