Re: strange network interface problem

From: Terry Lambert <tlambert2_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 11:12:02 -0700
Glenn Johnson wrote:
> On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 10:05:55AM -0400, Chris BeHanna wrote:
> >     Is it possible that someone at corporate mucked with DNS so that
> > the software that needs the license from FlexLM is resolving to the
> > wrong address?
>
> No, I maintain my own DNS for my machines.

The most likely cause is probe-order changes as a result of
an ACPI code update (first interface <-> second interface),
and/or routing code changes.

Without bsearching a source code delta that caused the problem
(basically, you need to try log2(number_of_days)+1 kernels),
and then doing a CVS diff, it's going to be impossible for
anyone other than Glenn to isolate the change that's causing
his problem.  An it'd be a lot of work, because it could also
have been rc changes.

-- Terry