thanks, was: Re: data corruption with DISABLE_PSE+DISABLE_PG_G: unrelated

From: Heiko Schaefer <hschaefer_at_fto.de>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 23:11:43 +0200 (CEST)
Hey Terry,

> > what i am asking myself:
> > is there any chance that i still get any data corruption because of the
> > issues that you write about in some configuration ?!
>
> No.  Not with thouse flags set.  If you are getting data
> corruption with the flags set, then you have some other
> problem, most likely hardware.

ok, that's the answer i was looking for - as solid as it can get, with
such issues, i guess :)

i'll give the rest of your advice some thought, and experiment some more -
i'm sure i'll get it figured out, now that i've got a direction to look.

turns out, that initially i was fighting against 3 distinct problems:
1) i checked out the one broken version of the gbde code that was in cvs
   for less than 24h
2) i have a piece of ram that malfuncions in some way
3) i suffer from some cpu bug

damn :)

thank you guys, particularly poul, terry and mark for helping me figure it
out (i'll be reporting results on the performance of my gbde based nfs
server if there is interest, after i have some time to really play with
it).

thanks again, regards,

Heiko

--
Free Software. Why put up with inferior code and antisocial corporations?
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/why-free.html