Re: cdrecord -dao doesn't work for me

From: Skip Ford <skip.ford_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 11:12:25 -0400
Doug Barton wrote:
> Once again, on up to date -current, I am playing around with burning audo
> cd's. I followed the instructions at
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/creating-cds.html
> to copy the audio tracks with dd, and then used burncd without -dao to
> create a CD, but since it's a live album, and I'm trying to rearrange the
> tracks, the gap that burncd places between the tracks on the output CD
> aren't what I want, so I decided to try '-dao -n'. Unfortunately, as soon
> as I tried using -dao, I got an input/output error for every file on the
> command line, and the following in the logs:
>
> kernel: acd1: WRITE_BIG - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x21 ascq=0x00 error=0x00
> last message repeated 11 times
> last message repeated 36 times
> kernel: acd1: SEND_CUE_SHEET - ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x2c ascq=0x03 error=0x00
>
> I know dao mode works on this drive because cdrecord is able to do it just
> fine (using atapicam).

Burning dao also failed for me with mid-April sources using burncd.
However, it produced this in the logs:

kernel: acd0: WRITE_BIG command timeout - resetting
kernel: ata1: resetting devices ..
kernel: done
kernel: acd0: write data underrun 9408/2352
kernel: acd0: write data underrun 9408/0
kernel: acd0: write data underrun 2352/0
kernel: acd0: write data underrun 2352/0
kernel: acd0: write data underrun 4704/0

4_STABLE can successfully burn in dao on the same system under the
same load, and CURRENT works on the same system with the same load
when not using dao.

I've updated my sources, but haven't tried again yet under no load
to see if fails similarly.

--
Skip