Why is espgs only for cups-intern printers?

From: Georg Funk <georgfunk_at_web.de>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 20:39:07 +0200
Hi!
I've got a Lexmark Z51 Printer and had problems setting it up(I got it workin
now), because I didn't find the lx5000-Ghostscript driver. As i posted on
linuxprinting.org that I can't find the driver in any gs-version Till
Kamppeter said to me that I should use his espgs; but the espgs from the
ports collection doesn't contain any driver except the one for the cups
standard printers. Till coded espgs to supoport  all drivers listed on
linuxprinting.org, so why are they taken out?
Sincerely, Georg Funk