Re: FreeBSD 5.1-BETA2 install results

From: Ruslan Ermilov <ru_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 19:11:55 +0300
On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 10:01:27AM -0600, Scott Long wrote:
> Ruslan Ermilov wrote:
> >
> >While it may seem confusing at a glance, it's okay (skrb5).
> >Example: we don't provide "share" distribution, but we have
> >"sshare" source distribution.  Similarly here, we don't
> >provide "krb5" distribution any more (it's part of the
> >"crypto" distribution), but we provide "skrb5" distribution,
> >in the same location as "scrypto" and "ssecure", in
> >${CHROOTDIR}/R/ftp/crypto/.
> >

> I'd have to say that I'd rather not perpetuate the inconsistency.
> These kinds of things make the installer more and more obscure.

What I'm trying to say it that source distribution are
not strictly bound to their binary equivalents.

The sshare source dist partly ends up in the manpages
and catpages bin dists.

> >>Also, have you tested a release with this patch?
> >>

> >Since it only affects sysinstall(8), I just recompiled the
> >latter, and played with it for a bit on a running system.
>
> Great!  John's patch looked a little more complete, maybe John
> can comment on that.

May I have a look at John's patch as well?

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov		Sysadmin and DBA,
ru_at_sunbay.com		Sunbay Software AG,