Re: 5.1-BETA2 FAILURE on IBM A30p Thinkpad

From: Jesse D. Guardiani <jesse_at_wingnet.net>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 04:04:02 -0400
"Jesse D. Guardiani" <jesse_at_wingnet.net> wrote in message
> Greetings list,
>
> So far I have tried both 5.1-BETA and 5.1-BETA2 on my IBM A30p Thinkpad.
> Both have failed. I'm currently downloading 5.0-current to see if this
> is a 5.x thing or just a BETA thing.

Well, this is pretty elusive. I just spent an hour or two systematically
disabling everything in my BIOS that I could disable, and disabling every
hint at the boot prompt that I could disable.

Still panics at the same spot. I'm going to try disabling some modules next.

It's a shame that this problem doesn't occur as predictably when I boot with
boot -Dh or boot -h. Otherwise I'd be able to provide the list with trace
output.

Oh well. I guess I could attempt an install while using boot -h and trace
when it finally dies...