Re: Preliminary ELF prebinding patches available.

From: Matthew N. Dodd <winter_at_jurai.net>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 09:56:43 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 26 May 2003, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Do we have to include the prebinding information in a package or can we
> omit them (I assume: we can omit them but it would be beneficial)?

I'm guessing that we can update the prebinding information in pkg_add or
something.  Alternately a periodic script can scan and update.

I don't think its worth worrying about the exact details of future
integration since the specifics of the work I've done so far are likely to
change.

I'm figuring out the detail of doing system wide prebinding on a per
object basis (rather than per executable) with and without kernel
assistance.

This would drastically reduce the storage requirements for prebinding
files.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter_at_jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |