Re: Unexpected error in 'make buildkernel'

From: Steve Kargl <sgk_at_troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 14:44:05 -0700
On Mon, May 26, 2003 at 10:34:45PM +0200, Juan Fco Rodriguez Hervella wrote:

> Are you telling me that I should put "libc.so.4" into
> "/compat/linux/usr/lib" ?. But those files aren't linux.
> I don't quite catch what you mean when you say 'need to
> be placed in a "compat" directory'. Would you mind
> explaning to me how that can be done or pointing me
> some url to learn more about it (I mean, learn about
> how "compat" directory works) ?

Add "COMPAT4X=true" (without quotes) to /etc/make.conf.
This will populate /usr/lib/compat with the libraries
from 4.x.  When you reboot ldconfig shoudl pick up the
4.x libraries needed by your older apps.

> I'm going to follow your advice and Im going to start
> the "make buildworld" again, problably in a couple
> of days. Thank you very much for your help!!!
>
> PS: you've got a funny domain, catwhisker (lol)

I'm guessing that David's first experience in the
world of electronics was a cat whisker radio.

--
Steve