5.1 Beta 2 "Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers"

From: FreeBSD_Guy <testing12351_at_excite.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 14:02:54 -0400 (EDT)
FreeBSD 5.1 BETA 2
fresh install from CDROM
this error happens repeatedly after new installations but intermittantly. If I make clean, then make again, different errors occur. I have tried re-installing several times. I even went so far as to suspect my power supply might be at fault because of the random errors. However, I replaced my PS with one that was extremely well reviewed and still the same errors occur.
I tried the same procedure with Release 4.8 and I get a similiar error about "Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers" but, I do not get this error with Release 4.7

ports/net/cvsup-without-gui
make produces the following output

===>  Extracting for cvsup-without-gui-16.1h
>> Checksum OK for cvsup-snap-16.1h.tar.gz.
/usr/bin/tar: Skipping to next header
/usr/bin/tar: Archive contains obsolescent base-64 headers

gzip: /usr/ports/distfiles//cvsup-snap-16.1h.tar.gz: invalid compressed data--crc error
/usr/bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/net/cvsup-without-gui.

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com