programs not running under strace

From: Christopher Nehren <apeiron_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 15:03:38 -0400
I've been having problems recently with strace. Here's example output
(no, nothing is left out):

% strace /bin/ls

And it doesn't print anything. I've tried building it without my CPUTYPE
/etc/make.conf variable (set to athlon-tbird; no other variables are
defined in make.conf except for the BDECFLAGS and some Perl stuff), and
I still get the same results. I'd like to be able to provide more
information, but I would probably use strace to do this in a normal
circumstance. :-) If someone can direct me to how I can retrieve more
information on the issue, I would be more than happy to employ it.

% uname -a
FreeBSD prophecy.dyndns.org 5.1-BETA FreeBSD 5.1-BETA #0: Fri May 30
12:39:26 EDT 2003
root_at_prophecy.dyndns.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/PROPHECY_SCHED_4BSD  i386

% pkg_info | grep strace
strace-4.4.94       A portable process tracer

If I need to provide any more information, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
Chris Nehren