Re: programs not running under strace

From: Christopher Nehren <apeiron_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 16:47:35 -0400
On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 16:10, Dan Nelson wrote:
> If you hit ^T, does it print [iowait]?  If so, I'm seeing the same
> thing :)  It's intermittent, though.  If I ru "ps axl | grep strace", I
> get:

Yes, I get the [iowait] message. Also, it runs until completion,
seemingly consistently, if I ^Z it and then put it into the background
with 'bg'. Rather ironic that the first time I try it after reading your
email, it works fine, after not working at all.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I'm thinking that it
could possibly have something to do with the scheduler, but I'm probably
wrong.