small regression in cbb and a confusion with rl driver

From: Sven Petai <hadara_at_bsd.ee>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 17:50:20 +0300
hi

I upgraded my laptop (compaq Evo n1020V) from 5.1 beta to recent current few
days ago. I noticed two regressions and hunted down commits that introduced
them

the first one is that my keyboard doesn't respond before single user mode if I
reboot fBSD, so I can't break into loader.. it works fine when doing cold
boot though.
this bug is introduced by the version 1.86 of the file
src/sys/dev/pccbb/pccbb.c
my cbb is recognized as
cbb0: <TI4410 PCI-CardBus Bridge> mem 0xffbfe000-0xffbfefff irq 10 at device
10.0 on pci0
cbb0: Found memory at ffbfe000
full dmesg is available _at_
http://bsd.ee/~hadara/dump/dmesg.2003.11.04_evon1020v

the second regression seemed to be the fact that my built in network card that
uses realtek chip wasn't found anymore by rl driver but it turned out to be
not a regression after all.
After doing exhaustive binary search I traced it down to commit that separated
support for 8139C+ into re driver. Wouldn't it be nice if it were mentioned
in the UPDATING file too so everyone doesn't have to find it out the hard
way :-) ?
OTOH it seems to be very rare chip and probably only 2-3 fBSD users have it
anyway so why bother...